• Users Online: 230
  • Home
  • Print this page
  • Email this page
Home About us Editorial board Search Ahead of print Current issue Archives Submit article Instructions Subscribe Contacts Login 
ORIGINAL ARTICLE
Year : 2021  |  Volume : 13  |  Issue : 2  |  Page : 129-133

The safety and efficacy of hip arthroscopy performed using a novel knotless suture anchor


Anne Arundel Medical Center Orthopedics, Annapolis, MD 21401, USA

Correspondence Address:
Dr. Justin Turcotte
Anne Arundel Medical Center Orthopedics, 2000 Medical Parkway, Suite 503, Annapolis, MD 21401
USA
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


DOI: 10.4103/jotr.jotr_14_21

Rights and Permissions

Introduction: Hip arthroscopy is commonly performed for patients with from femoroacetabular impingement (FAI); however, this procedure is technically difficult due to the anatomy of the hip joint and surrounding tissue. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the complication rates of hip arthroscopy procedures for FAI performed using the MICRORAPTOR Knotless Suture Anchor system. Materials and Methods: Retrospective review of consecutive patients undergoing hip arthroscopy for FAI was conducted. All patients underwent labral repair or reconstruction using the MICRORAPTOR Knotless suture anchor. The primary endpoint was any intraoperative or postoperative complication. Descriptive and inferential statistics were performed to assess the patient characteristics and outcomes. Results: Forty-three hip arthroscopies in 42 patients were reviewed at an average of 9 months (standard deviation 4 months) postoperatively; 36 (85.7%) were reviewed at over 6 months postoperatively. At presentation, 90.7% of patients demonstrated a positive anterior impingement sign, 86.0% demonstrated a positive posterior impingement sign, and the median pain numeric rating scale (NRS) was 7.0 ± 4.0 on a scale of 0–10. Four surgeries (9.3%) were revision hip arthroscopies, whereas the remaining 39 (90.7%) were primary labral repairs or reconstructions. Overall, the complications occurred in two (4.6%) cases. The median postoperative pain NRS was reduced from 7.0 ± 4.0 preoperatively to 2.0 ± 6.0 postoperatively (P = 0.003). Conclusion: The MICRORAPTOR Knotless suture anchor appears to be safe for use in patients undergoing hip arthroscopy for FAI.


[FULL TEXT] [PDF]*
Print this article     Email this article
 Next article
 Previous article
 Table of Contents

 Similar in PUBMED
   Search Pubmed for
   Search in Google Scholar for
 Related articles
 Citation Manager
 Access Statistics
 Reader Comments
 Email Alert *
 Add to My List *
 * Requires registration (Free)
 

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed452    
    Printed18    
    Emailed0    
    PDF Downloaded45    
    Comments [Add]    

Recommend this journal